Sunday, February 7, 2016

I Will Arise and Go To Jesus


I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, Luke 15:18

This morning, on my way to church, I saw a Canadian Goose hobbling down to a stream along the side of the road. I wondered why he was alone? What had drawn him to this particular spot? Was he injured as the limp indicated, or was it just the embankment he was traversing?  He was alone and headed for water in a brushy, secluded area. Was this a place of recovery? Was this a place of safety?

So often, it is only when Satan has beat us down,  that we arise and go to Jesus, the Water of Life. We go alone, ashamed and injured by our past. We try to hide our needs. Though the world may not know, God always sees. Maybe we have never gone to Jesus, or maybe it's been a long time. We wonder if God will accept us. Will this be a place of safety and recovery? 

In Luke 15, the prodigal son had to make a choice to arise and return to his father or die in the hog pens. He decided to go to his father and confess his sins. You know the rest of the story. His father placed a ring on his finger, shoes on his feet, gave him the best robe, and killed the fatted calf.  

O Prodigal, "Arise and go to Jesus. He will embrace you in His arms. In the arms of my dear Saviour, O there are ten thousand charms." (I Will Arise and Go To Jesus; J. Hart)

Arise

Hey Kids:

I love watching nature and using a Noticing Journal. A Noticing Journal is a great place to draw and write about the things I observe from nature. God tells us in Romans 1:20 that the invisible things of God are clearly seen in His creation. I like to add a Bible verse on song to my noticings to remind me of the way God shows Himself through all He has made. 

What things will you notice this week? 
How will you describe the great truths of God from your noticings? 
We would love to share in your noticing joys this week. 
Post your drawings and/or writings in the comment section. 

Parents, if you have a noticing journal, we would love to share in your joys as well!


l

No comments: