Sunday, May 1, 2016

Why Don't You Dance?

Children'S Dance, Children, Girl, Happy


Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp. Psalms 149:3

Last week we visited our grandchildren who live about an hour away. The oldest, Annie,  joined us as we went to the studio where her mom makes pottery. As soon as we got in the studio door, Annie turned on her CD player and began to dance, lifting her arms and twirling, spinning, leaping like a little ballerina. I began to listen closer to the music. It was children’s praise songs! She invited me to join in the dance. “Follow me,” she said. Who can resist the insistence of a child? So I followed as she demonstrated. As we danced, I remembered our first granddaughter doing the same type of dance on the rostrum before a service while a video played “One Touch” by Nicole C. Mullens. She had been clueless that anyone was watching.

How do we outgrow this type of worship when scripture tells us to praise his name in the dance? Is this the same inhibition we demonstrate when the Spirit says witness to this person and we respond with “I can’t”. “They won’t like me anymore,” or “I don’t know them.” Etc, etc, etc. Believe me I am just as guilty as anyone to give these excuses. I could have told Annie, “Grandma doesn’t know how to dance.” Instead, I took advantage of the moment to worship with a child.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14

How can we expect others to turn loose of inhibitions and come to Jesus if we allow ourselves to be hindered by what others might think?
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

May our hearts and minds be free to worship and demonstrate the power and love of Jesus that will bring others to Him this week.

Blessings,
Gail

Hey Kids:
How do you feel when you hear praises being sung to Jesus?
Does it lift your spirit, your heart?
Do you want others around you to join you in that worship?
Jesus loves to see you praise Him in the dance and with song.
Who can you invite to praise with you this week?
Maybe first you can pray for someone who does not yet know Jesus, that they might see and hear your praises.
You might ask that person to join in praise with you.
Another verse says, and a little child shall lead them. Isaiah 11:6
You may be the person who leads this lost loved one to Jesus.

No comments: