Sunday, November 6, 2016

Love One Another

Persimmons, Fruit, Fresh, Colorful 
picture by pixaby

And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, 
and toward all men, even as we do toward you:
I Thessalonians 3:12


I was thinking earlier this week, I wished I knew where I could get some persimmons to make jam

On Friday, a sweet mom, who speaks no English, brought me a bag of Japanese persimmons. I think she grew them since she had so many. I saw the worried look on her face as she handed me the bag, a look of wondering if I would like her gift. Though, "Thank you" was all she could understand, she saw the excitement on my face. 

Her face changed from worried to a big smile. "You like?" she asked.

"Yes, yes, thank you!" I jabbered about making jam, which I knew she didn't understand, but it was the joy in my voice that made her happy. 

Though we could not speak each other's language, we could show love on our faces and the tones of our voices. 
Our expressions will open and close doors. 
May our smiles open doors of friendship and love this week. 

Hey Kids:

You may have neighbors or kids at school who do not speak your language.
How can you show them love this week?

Here's a few starters.
  • Use your hands to invite others to play a game as you say, "Come on!" "Let's play ..."
  • Notice something they have done. Then enthusiastically congratulate them. "Yay, you won?" or "That's beautiful!"
  • Invite them to share a snack and be willing to try a snack they may want to share.

What other ideas do you have? Please share your ideas and successes in our comment section.

Love,
Gail





No comments: