Hey Kids and Parents
Have you seen the EETCHY worm in your classroom? It’s made of colored beads and it helps kids organize their thoughts to tell a story. I want to use an EETCHY worm today to help us tell about a Christmas tree.
Our group is Christmas Tree
- The second bead is blue to ask us what does it do.A Christmas Tree represents the various meanings associated with Christmas.
A Christmas Tree looks like a tree covered with red, gold, blue and white balls, stars, angels, ribbons, and bells.
Let’s go back and examine what we said about the tree.
- The blue said is represents the various meanings associated with Christmas. What meanings?
- In the yellow we answered red balls
- Red is the color of blood.
- Gold balls. The wisemen brought Jesus gold and frankincense and myrrh.
- Blue balls are the color of royalty. Jesus is King of Kings.
- White balls are the color of purity. Jesus was without sin.
- Wisemen followed a star.
- Angels announced His birth.
- Ribbons held the breastplate to ephod on the robe of the high priest.
- Bells were sown around the hem of his robe so all could here him as he preformed his priestly duties. Jesus is our High Priest.
- The tree is made of wood. Christ shed His blood on a cross made of wood.
- The evergreen needles tell us that Jesus gives us eternal life.
- The trunk and the branches lead us back to our scripture: And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
- We display our Christmas trees where all can see their beauty. So should Jesus be displayed in our lives that all can see His beauty.
- We want to come to the tree and receive the gifts. May all the world come to Jesus this Christmas and receive His gift of salvation.
The last orange bead asks us "What else?"
What intentional things are you doing to put Christ in your Christmas?
You don't have to do anything more, only think about the reason you are
- making cookies
- the places you are decorating
- the reasons for the decorations you are using
Do you need to research why we use a particular item?
Is there anything that surprises you?
Please share your Christmas blessings with us.