Sunday, March 25, 2018

Ready, Willing, and Able




Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. John 17:17 (NASV)


Jesus prayed for us to be made holy through the truth. His word is truth.  

The other day I saw two ladies get out of a car and head for our door. I thought, that's witnesses for a cult. It's suppertime. I'm tired and I don't want to talk to them. They knocked. I whizzed into the laundry room out of sight. I wasn't ready.


The Lord kept nudging me to go to the door. But Lord, what do I say? Okay, I'll start with 'If only 144,000 are going to heaven, how can you know you are part of the group?' 

The doorbell rang. The Lord kept prodding me, "Go to the door!" I wasn't willing.

"Lord, I don't know what to say.I wouldn't go. When I peeped out again, they were on their way to the car. Whew! They're gone. But the Lord had said, Go to the door. I felt convicted, guilty they had not received a witness. I prayed for forgiveness, for God to send someone to them. I wasn't able.

When I went to call my husband to supper, there in the door handle was a flyer, a political flyer for someone I will probably vote for. I've met the person. The person has a testimony. 

God wasn't calling me to be a witness. He was calling me to be willing to witness. The rest of what I would have said came flooding into my mind. I'm glad my God doesn't limit the number of people who can go to heaven. The emphasis in the following verses are mine. 

II Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Romans10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 
 John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 
Wouldn't you like to know the God who loves you and wants to be with you forever, the God who has no limits? The God who is ready, willing and able.

The emphasis in the verses are mine and I'm a whosoever.
Hey Kids:
Sometimes God asked us to do things and sometimes he asks us to be willing to do things. 
We need to know the truth. God's word is truth. 
Be Ready - Would you be prepared if God were to ask you to be a witness? 
Be Willing - Do you know the truth? I knew the verses, but instead of depending on God to supply my need, I froze. 
Be Able - Begin by knowing you are part of God's family, by calling on Him for forgiveness and salvation. 
Then memorize those verses that helped you come to know Jesus. Don't freeze up like me. Is God asking you to be willing to share?
You could begin here. Would you be willing to share your salvation experience with us? 
Easter Blessings,
Gail








No comments: