Sunday, April 22, 2018

Today




Today

 This morning, a pair of hungry house finches searched
 the wreath on the door.
 At noon, a wren sang a song from the dogwood tree.
Black, against the evening sky, three geese flew in form, 
What did I do today?

Was I hungry for God’s Word this morning?
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Did I search for the Truth I need to hear?
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Did I sing a song of rejoicing at noon?
Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.

Did I work in unity with the brethren?
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

What did I do today?


References: Matt.5:6; John 8:32; Psalms 100:1; John 17:21

Hey Kids:

April is Poetry Month.
I wrote a little free verse about birds.
Each bird I observed reminded me of something the Lord wants us to do.
What are you observing this week?
How is the Lord using your observations to direct you?

Hope my attempt at poetry inspires you to write a little too. Let me know how it turns out.


No comments: