Sunday, January 12, 2014

In Need of Directions?

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5

While taking the scenic route up the Old Red One through south Georgia, the sun began to get low and weary travelers wanted to find the interstate home. One suggested that we find a sign to Savannah because the interstate ran near the coast. Strike that idea. We were so off track there were no signs for Savannah, just signs for small towns totally unknown to us. Then one of the group suggested we use the sun. “Use the sun?”
           
“Yes. Savannah is near the coast. The coast is east of here. The sun is setting in the west. If we keep the sun to our backs we will eventually reach the coast and the interstate.” Our friend wisely advised.

“Oh, I’ll turn right at the next major intersection,” answered our driver. Keeping the sun at our backs we reached the interstate just before dark.

How often I find my life off track. I should have sought the Son’s wisdom long before I got this far off track. Instead, I muddle along thinking it will all work out. Keeping the Son in my vision and seeking His wisdom and guidance would help me avoid a lot of mistakes.

Dear Lord, help me to remember to seek Your wisdom from Your Word every day so when my life begins to take the world’s scenic route, I can look to You to guide me on my way.
In the name of Your Son, Jesus. Amen.

No comments: