Sunday, March 23, 2014

Where's the Towel?

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalms 119:105

“Okay everyone, lay out your towels before you hit the water!” Groan. My family knows that’s the number one requirement before anyone goes anywhere on the beach or in the water. The towels give us a point of reference. By keeping the towels in sight, we know where to find each other. We know when we’re wandering too far down the beach or too far out from shore. If we simply dumped everything in a pile, I’m sure I’d lose myself and everyone else. Keeping our towels in view helps all of us feel more secure.

Opening God’s Word every day before I face the world helps me in much the same way. God’s Word is always my point of reference. It helps me when I’m making decisions. It helps me recognize the right crowd. It makes me feel secure knowing I have the Truth to show me the way. If I simply dumped my Bible on the coffee table until next Sunday, I’d surely lose my way during the week.

When I’m feeling a little misplaced it’s good to know all I have to do is open up my Bible and God will show me the way. Please let us know how God's Word is showing you His way by posting a comment.

No comments: