Sunday, April 27, 2014

All the Children of the World

Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark16:15

“What doing?” asked the Chinese boy sitting at our table.
“She’s pray-ing,” replied the Russian boy across the table.
“Yes,” I said. “I’m thanking Jesus for my food.” So began our pre-school lunch conversation in a public school.
“I do that too at my house,” said the Russian boy.
Another boy chimed in as well. Children of every ethnicity sat at nearby tables; Indian, Hispanic, Jewish, Cambodian, African-American, Caucasian, and mixed. All the children of the world sat eating and talking together. A simple unspoken blessing over food became a witnessing tool for the children to share the gospel on their level with each other.

Jesus commanded us to go into all the world and preach the gospel. Often I hear an ad on the radio asking why hasn’t all the world heard the gospel. Maybe we aren’t always seeing the opportunities God lays in our laps. We may not all be able to travel to foreign mission fields, but God has brought the mission fields to us. They are our neighbors, our students, our friends. Legal or illegal makes no difference. Remember the song we sang as children? Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.  The best part of my day is watching and listening to all the children of the world right at my table.

Won’t you share with us the mission field where God has placed you?
Jesus Loves the Little Children 


No comments: