Sunday, November 16, 2014

If My People... That's a Big If

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land. II Chronicles 7:14



Monday Reading:
      Exodus 36:5,6 The people were so excited about the work of the Tabernacle that they brought more than was needed. Moses had to give a command to stop bringing things for the Tabernacle.

What a wonderful situation to find ourselves in. When has the offering ever been too much? When has a congregation been so excited about God's work that they had to be told their gifts were enough?

Father, at this season of Thanksgiving, may our thankfulness for all you have done be demonstrated in the enthusiasm we show in working for Your kingdom. May Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus name. Amen.

Tuesday Reading
       Exodus 37:1, 10, 25, 29 These verses demonstrate the responsibilities of Bezaleel. God chose him to do a mighty work but he is actually an unknown figure. His faithfulness to his calling has affected the understanding and worship of God for millions of people for thousands of years.

Can others look at my work and see faithfulness to my calling? Is my faithfulness or lack thereof affecting others? Surely all we do affects others.

Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me a work to do. Help me to be faithful to Your calling regardless of how much or how little credit I receive. You must increase and I must decrease. Be glorified, Lord Jesus. Amen.

Wednesday Reading:
      Exodus 38:8 The women brought their brass mirrors for the making of the brass laver, a place for the priest to wash their hands. Have you ever noticed women when they pass a mirror, even in a store? We have to stop and check ourselves.  Beautiful hair, clothes, and make-up can all be a mess if a woman doesn't have a mirror to check herself. The women of Israel gave their most prized possession. They humbled themselves before God putting aside their vanity for the building of the place of  worship.

Father, please open my eyes to the things I put before worship, before praise, before witnessing. Help me to humble myself for Your work. In Jesus name. Amen.

Thursday Reading:
       Exodus 39: 18. The names of the tribes of Israel covered the priest's heart and his shoulders bore the weight.

Are God's people on my heart? Are the lost on my heart? Do I have a burden for people or do I just complain about the situation?

Father help me carry a burden for repentance among Your people and a burden to see the lost saved. In Jesus name. Amen.

Friday Reading:
      Exodus 40:34. The people had followed God's directions. They had set up the tabernacle in God's order and He had descended on it. He guided their way day and night.

When our lives are clean God abides and directs our way. When we allow sin to enter in the Spirit departs until our lives are clean-forgiven. I John 1:9. We cannot do a work for God if we harbor sin .

Father, direct my path that I might walk in Your way. May my life be pleasing unto You. In  Jesus  name. Amen.

Thank you for journeying through Exodus with us. Please join us next week for a new adventure.
Blessings,
Gail

No comments: