Sunday, April 26, 2015

For This Child I Prayed



This week has been a celebration of life, first with Carolina Pregnancy Banquet and Brian Ivey's Drop Box, then on Saturday, a family baby shower. Rarely do families get together anymore unless someone dies. It was such a pleasure to gather with family to celebrate life. My cousin comes from a large family. Several of her siblings have large families, too.  She has waited for a long time for her first child. Finally her time has come. It was so sweet to see her sister doting over her. Several people brought handmade caps and a blanket. Love and joy overflowed.

I can only imagine the love and joy that overflowed when Hannah told Eli, “For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him:” (I Samuel 1:27).  Hannah gave Samuel back to the Lord after Samuel was weaned. The Lord blessed her with three more sons and two daughters because she lent Samuel to the Lord as she promised. For Hannah, children were her first priority.  In Malachi 2:15 the question is asked "And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring."(NIV)

In our busy lives, let us not forget to pray in thanksgiving for our children. Let us pray about how to prepare them to be Godly men and women.  Prayers for our children should begin long before they are ever conceived and continue still to this day.

Jesus said, “Suffer the little children to come unto me , and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.” (Mark 10:14 KJV) 

Heavenly Father, help us to ever bring our children before Your throne, that they may serve You all the days of their lives. In Christ Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Blessings for you and your children,
 
Gail


No comments: