Sunday, September 20, 2015

Drinking at the Fountain



But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:14

Can you see the little chicks enjoying the grass near the fresh water? Everything looked good on that day, but ... the week got busy and I got home late. I thought there would be plenty of water in that big can. When I checked on the chickens today, they were fine, but the can was bone dry. Another day and I may have lost my chickens! They did need a drink!

The dry bucket immediately brought an old hymn to mind. "I'm drinking at the fountain that never shall run dry. I'm dwelling in Beulah Land." Just like my chickens, we need a physical drink of water everyday. Jesus offers us a different kind of water. He offers us the water of life. When we accept His offer, repenting of our sin, we will never thirst spiritually, because He will fill us with the Holy Spirit every minute of every day. All we ever need to do is look to Him and be filled. Many of my family and friends are going through trying times but they have the assurance that Jesus will carry them through. They are drawing from that well of Living Water.

If you are struggling with all that life is throwing at you, if you just need a cool drink of spiritual water, Jesus is waiting, offering you a drink from the well that never will run dry.

HEY KIDS: 
How long do you think it will take for your glass of water to evaporate?
What if you pour it into a bowl instead of a glass?
Will the temperature make a difference in the rate of evaporation?

You may want to give this experiment a try, then think how life affects you.
Do you think things are going along fine until life "spills out"?
How about if the heat is on because of a major test?
They say prayer will never be taken out of schools as long as there are tests.

Prayer is the bucket to dip into the well of Living Water, not just for kids but for us all.

Blessings,
Gail

No comments: