Sunday, May 8, 2016

In a Garden

image courtesy www.bucknur.com
And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. Genesis 2:8
 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden. Genesis 3:8
What will heaven be like? Will it be a garden with things for us to care for? Will God come in the cool of the day to visit and fellowship? Adam and Eve lost a perfect place and a perfect relationship. Did God give them a taste of heaven in the garden? 
I'd like to think the answer is yes to those questions. I love my garden. It's a quiet place of work and rest. My body does the work, but my mind is at rest, smelling the fragrance of blossoms and the good earth, listening to the hum and buzz of the bees and insects, watching the birds fly in and out, capturing their meals, the taste of ripe strawberries, and the feel of damp soil in my hands. It is restful work. In restful work, I can pray and listen for God's answers, answers I am too busy to hear in my rushed day. 
My garden is my little piece of heaven. My time to communicate with the Maker of all things. We all started out in a garden, the Garden of Eden. When He restores all things, will we find ourselves restfully working in a garden again? I hope so. 
Blessings for restful work this week,
Gail

Hey Kids:
God gave us five senses to learn about His Creation.
He gave us touch, taste, smelling, hearing, and seeing.
Have you ever thought about how God shows us His love through our five senses? 
Do you love to cuddle with your pet?
Isn't the taste of a fresh peach dripping down your elbows delicious?
Do you enjoy the sweet smell of flowers in the yard?
Have you ever listened to newly hatched birds calling to their parents for food?
Are you fascinated by the flitter and flutter of a butterfly among the bright flowers?
What a kind and loving God to give us these five senses to experience His creation! 
Why not make a list of things you enjoy through your five senses. Then thank God for His wonderful works. 


No comments: