Sunday, July 31, 2016

Bless the Lord




Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Psalms 103:1,2





This was a weekend of delights and blessings. Camping, playing in the water and tubing, Deep Creek was a refreshing and delightful trip with the grand kids. It was also a place where blessings were frequent. 
I sat in the truck resting after two exhausting trips down Deep Creek. It was beginning to drizzle rain. A young African American couple came down off the trails to their car parked beside us. I heard the young man say, "I just want to thank you, Lord." His wife then sang, "I just want to thank you, Lord." They cranked the car and drove off unaware of how their thankfulness had blessed me. The trails they had just finished were short, but steep with waterfalls. I knew what they were thankful for. God's creation is not only beautiful, but quieting and restoring. 
I got out of the car and crossed the road to watch the tubers on the creek. A little fellow about 2 walked holding his daddy's hand. His little life vest was almost bigger than him. Daddy was carrying their tube. 
"Daddy, I love you," the boy said.

"I love you too, Little Buddy," his dad replied as they walked on toward the waterfall to put in. 
Just a quiet moment between father and son, but so powerful. 
What powerful, quiet moments has God given you this week? We'd love for you to share in blessing the Lord. 
Hey Kids: 
It's almost school time again. What blessings has God given you this summer?
Can you use those times to bless the Lord in your conversations and writings about your summer. 
You might want to keep a small pocket size notebook to jot down great memories, so when the time comes and you just can't think of anything to write about, you will have a pocket full of blessings. 
One last quote from Saturday night around the campfire. 
Papa: "If y'all would just throw a quilt over me, I'd just sleep here tonight."
Chandler, he's nine: "The raccoons would pick food out of your teeth all night." 
It had nothing to do with blessing the Lord, but laughter is a gift from God that blesses. 
Gail

No comments: