Saturday, February 25, 2017

That Tune in Your Head

Background, Music, Nuts, Music Notes

Photo courtesy of Pixabay.com

Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
Psalms 42:8

Do you ever have a tune that goes round and round in your head? You just can’t seem to get rid of it. In the last few years, I’ve noticed that no matter what time of day or night I slow down enough to hear myself think, there's music in my head. It’s not the annoying little tunes I used to have. It’s songs of praise and worship. Even if I wake up and can’t go back to sleep, God gives me a song of peace and comfort. He quiets my spirit with song.

In the day, I catch myself humming while I’m working whether at school working with my students or hoeing the weeds out of the garden. “What songs?” you ask. It’s whatever the Lord sends for the moment. I don’t have to think about it. I just listen. Today it’s  Ten Thousand Reasons. Do I want to get rid of the song in my head? No way! - What a blessing.

What’s the tune rambling around in your head today?

Hey Kids:
What songs do you like to sing?
Do you have a favorite poem or nursery rhyme?
Poems and nursery rhymes are easy to set to music.
I couldn’t get my grandbaby to sleep one day, so I just started singing “Little Boy Blue, Come blow your horn” in a minor key. She went straight to sleep.
Music is always a great memory tool.
Try setting something to music you want to learn.
If it’s poetry any most tune will work.
The ABC song works well with Jeopardy music (Ask your parents.)
A for apple a, a, a. B for bounce b,b,b,b,b. C for cut c,c,c. D for dig, d,d,d.
Be sure you're doing the motions with the letter sounds.
Check YouTube for multiplication songs and other learning songs.
And always sing songs of praise.

What song are you singing today?

No comments: