Sunday, September 15, 2013

Taste Test

O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalms 34:8

What’s your favorite food? Chocolate? Ice cream? A crisp apple filled with so much juice it runs down your elbow with every bite? MMMMmmmmm! It all sounds good to me. Let me go rummage around in the kitchen and see what looks good. No, Wait! I’m suppose to be writing!

Too often I find myself hunting a favorite food for comfort when I’m tired or sad. I need a snack while I’m concentrating or just looking to relax. I forget that God’s Word says “Taste and see that the Lord is good.” How can I taste and see the goodness of the Lord?
God knows us better than we know ourselves. He created us. He knows our strengths and our weaknesses. He filled His Word with all the good things we need.

So, what good things does God’s word have for me today? You might find it helpful to underline or highlight verses that God uses to show you how good He is.

 I have a test. II Timothy 2:15

I need a job. Matt. 6:36

I’m worried about a bully. Psalms 37

I don’t know what to do with my life, how to prepare, what college. Psalms 25:4

I just had a fight with my BFF. Psalms 37:8

I have a sick family member. What if they die? John 10:27-29

Just like tasting your favorite food, you have to dig into God’s Word to know it’s good. Eating is always more fun with others. Try finding a friend to taste test the Word with you.

Found a favorite God food (verse)? We’d love to take a taste with you. Please leave a taste in the comment section.


No comments: