Sunday, September 29, 2013

I’m a Loser

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you: For everyone that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matthew 7:7,8

I lose my notes. I lose my keys. I drop things in the sofa and in the carpet. Little items drop on the floor then roll and bounce who knows where. In my hurried life I lay things down instead of putting them in place. I find good hiding places for a little stash of cash.  I admit it. I’m a loser.

Just the other day I was searching for some notes to help with a project I was working on. I searched at home. I searched at school. Then as usual after all the searching, I began to pray. My friend looked it up on line and found just what I needed.

I was at a family member’s house. She was frantically searching her car for keys. She called her husband at “the shop”. He frantically searched his car. In my heart, I began to pray. Her husband’s friend, who had helped them with a moving project that involved the key, pulled into the shop.

“Hey, Buddy, do you have a set of keys to that storage unit?”

“Maybe, I wondered what these keys were for.”  Problem solved. But how amazing that he would pull into the shop at just that specific time and have just what they were looking for. Frantically the world is looking for answers to their problems. We can’t cure cancer, fix the stock market or the government, but we do have the key to the world’s biggest problem. We know where to find peace and eternal life. As Christians we have the answer. God is putting us at the right place at the right time every day. Are we praying for guidance in reaching those who are searching? Are we showing the world the key? Are we showing them by our actions as well as our words that Jesus Christ is the answer?

Share Jesus today. Someone is frantically looking.

No comments: