Monday, January 19, 2015

The Gift of a Pink Blanket


 

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. II Timothy 3:15

There’s a bag under my end table, my place to stash my loves; recent copies of magazines, yarn and a baby blanket I work on at night, and an old rebound Bible, noted and underlined. Today as I tidied the living room, I placed the Bible on top of the pink blanket I had finished the night before. It looked so comfortable, so perfectly in place with the wine colored cover against the pink and white and gray of the blanket. I guess baby blankets and Bibles do go together. A mother’s lap, filled with a baby, thumb in mouth, blankie cuddled under one arm. Mother reads a story aloud to a child yet too young to understand anything except the rhythm of the verses; ye must be born again; For God so loved the world; For unto you is born this day… a savior which is Christ the Lord. Night after night. . . Eyes droop, then close. . . Mother and child. . . Sleep in Heavenly peace.

 
It doesn't have to be Christmas.
Wrap your arms around your babies this week and read to them Jesus.
Blessings,
Gail


No comments: