Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Morning Star

photo courtesy of pixabay.com

 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16,17 KJV
This past week, I enjoyed viewing the moon each morning with what appeared to be a star hanging near. I suspect it's actually a planet, though I researched and was unable to find a definite answer. The name of the planet is probably not important to this discussion. What I was thinking was how Jesus, God in flesh, through the church, draws us to Himself, that whosoever desires the gift of salvation may come to Him. 
How did a morning moon, a star and a rising sun bring me to that thought? There are three bright lights in the sky. The sun which is the brightest. The moon, a reflection of the sun and then the planets, also a reflection of the sun. Sure there are stars but these are lesser lights that have their own brightness. The sun actually rules our sky with its bright gaseous light. The moon is made of dust and so are planets. We like the moon and planets are made from the dust. Jesus took on the dusty form of man, yet reflected the Father. The church is also to be a reflection of the Father. 
No, I don't believe in astrology or any type of sun worship. What I am saying is that God's creation is there to remind us of Who is in control and what He has done for us. The moon and the morning star reminded me on my journey each day,  that I am to be a reflection of the Lord Jesus in the dark world in which we work and live. 
Hey Kids:
The weather is warming and spring is changing the face of the earth. 
What are you seeing as you venture out each day? 
I'm planning on having my kids use a hula hoop to study an area near their garden, discovering how many small things live and work in our gardens. 
They can discover what is good and what destroys the garden. 
They can see the balance or imbalance of an ecosystem.
Thinking more deeply about what they see, I hope they can relate it to what is good and encouraging their relationship with Christ, as well as what destroys their relationship with Christ.
How about you? Are you making discoveries this week you would be willing to share? Please comment in the box below. 
Blessings,
Gail


No comments: