Sunday, February 9, 2020

Who Are You?

For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. I John 5:4

Last night we had the privilege to view Overcomer by the Kendrick brothers, a Faith Film. One of the characters asked the coach, "Who are you?" The coach gave the natural answer of a coach. "No, who are you?" the character asked again. Quickly the coach listed off all the things he was. I challenge you to stop here, grab a scrap of paper and a pencil and make a quick list of who you are. Don't think about it, just write. 


What's at the top of your list? Like the coach, do you identify most with your job? What if all your titles were gone including spouse or/and parent. What would be left? Our first and foremost identity must be found in Christ. No matter what happens, when it happens, where it happens, we must first be Christians - followers of Christ. 

We are all careful about the things we do and say at our jobs. We don't want to damage our reputations or indanger our jobs. Just think about the change in ourselves, our families, our churches, communities, and nations if we first identified as Christians. 

If you don't yet know Christ as your Savior, I ask you to take time to consider that God created you for a purpose. Christ came and died for your sins and rose again to give you eternal life. Ask His forgiveness and let Him change your life, your identity. 

Consider if Christian is my first identity-
How will my list change?
How will my focus change?
How will I overcome my circumstances?

If you have never seen Overcomer I encourage you to view it this week. 

In Christ Alone,
Gail

No comments: