Sunday, November 7, 2021


Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. ~ John 14:6

My grandson is playing high school football this year. I'm beginning to learn more about the game by following his number across the field. He's a defensive end, but the ones I'm noticing besides him is the running back, the guard, and the tackle. The running back follows behind the guard and the tackle who open up the way for the back. If either of them fails to do their job or the running back fails to follow the plan then the man with the ball is flattened by the defense who is always looking for the weak spot in the line. 

By now you know I don't know much about football but I do know a lot about the One who guards my soul and tackles any problem I come up against. 

When I was about my grandson's age Jesus called my heart to follow him. I've tried to let Him lead the way ever since. When I fail to follow his life plan for me I end up flattened by what Satan throws at me. There is no weak spot when I follow the Lord and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I will make it to the goal - heaven -  because I repented of my sins to follow Jesus many years ago. 

Heavenly Father, please guide our days. Help us follow you regardless of how hard it may seem because you have the best plan. May we depend upon you to open up the way through each day and give you the praise for what you accomplish through us and in us. In Jesus's name. Amen.

Hey Kids:

What's your favorite game or activity? Football? Basketball? Chess? Band? Every activity, even cooking, has to have a plan, a direction, for the best results. 
The next time you participate in an activity, try to think about how it relates to your spiritual life. 
By the way, our football team begins and ends each game with prayer, not to win but for the safety of each one involved. Prayer is always an important part of following Jesus. 

No comments: