Sunday, January 1, 2023

With God

 




For with God nothing shall be impossible. ~Luke 1:37

It's a new year and I've started a new thing - Bible Doodle Journaling. I have a separate journal for my doodles. I mark in my Bible but I don't doodle over its words. I want to make sure the word is still readable.  As you can see from the messy page picture, I'm a true beginner. However, I am finding that doodling my thoughts for the day is calming. It's helping me focus on the day at hand and prepare my heart and mind to walk with God. I really hadn't researched others' thoughts on what doodling does but I knew my students said doodling helped them concentrate. 

So why is doodle journaling helpful? Googling about doodling found these results. 

  • helps me meditate on the word of God. Ps 1:2
  • keeps me focused and concentrating II Tim 2:15
  • relieves stress Ps 119:165
  • helps memory retention Ps 119:11
My intention for the first few months of 2023 is to focus on the life of Christ beginning with his conception. I began in Luke 1:26 with the angel Gabriel's conversation with Mary. I read through verse 38. My attention focused on verse 37 "For with God nothing shall be impossible." I remembered another verse when Jesus spoke. He said "With God all things are possible.

Possible seems to be the operable word. Nothing is impossible. All things are possible. The operator behind the operable word is always God. 

So how do I journal? 

  • Pray before reading.
  • Listen for God's focus in the passage
  • Meditate on the passage or word
  • Then doodle, have fun, relieve the stress and let God, the focus of every scripture, direct your path.
  • Prayer of thanks.
Heavenly Father, help me begin this new year in your word, with prayer, meditation, and focus. May it be the lamp unto my feet and the light unto my path. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen. 

No comments: