Sunday, April 7, 2013

Today



A pair of hungry house finches searched
 the wreath on the door this morning.
A wren sang a song from the dogwood tree at noon.
Three herons flew in form, white against the evening sky.
What did I do today?

Was I hungry for God’s Word this morning?
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Did I search for the Truth I need to hear?
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Did I sing a song of rejoicing at noon?
Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Did I work in unity with the brethren?
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
What did I do today?


References: Matt.5:6; John 8:32; Psalms 100:1; John 17:21


April is Poetry month. I wrote a little free verse. Hope it inspires you to write a little too. Let me know how it turns out.

No comments: