Sunday, May 27, 2018

Rejoice Always!



Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Philippians 4:4 KJV

The kids and I planted a little garden in the backyard of where we planned to build our new home. When the watermelons ripened each child wanted to carry a watermelon to the car. The watermelons were small, but my five-year-old daughter hefted hers up and struggled through the uneven ground until . . . it slipped. The little melon split into several juicy red pieces.

You would have thought, "Here comes a meltdown," but no, she promptly plopped down with her watermelon and began to pull out handfuls and cram them into her mouth. My boys saw how much she was enjoying the situation, so they intentionally crashed their melons on the ground. All I could hear was happy slurps and giggles. Needless to say, we were a sticky mess and I had no way to clean them up.

Kids carrying watermelons is a lot like living for Christ. Things don't always go the way we plan. We have to make a choice between a meltdown or making the best of the situation. My kids are all grown now, but I rejoice in great memories. When our walk with Christ causes stumbles and mishaps we can still rejoice. God is showing us a better plan. Best watermelon we ever ate!

Happy Memorial Day
Gail

Hey Kids:

Have you ever been disappointed in the way things turned out? 

I can remember having chicken pox at Easter and we had to hide eggs in the living room chairs!

How have you handled situations that could have been disasters had you not found a way to rejoice anyway (that means have fun)?

No comments: