Sunday, April 21, 2019

Daily HIs Delight

Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men. Proverbs 8:30-31

Where is your favorite place to have a cup of coffee or tea? I love my deck with the view of the mountains. 
With whom do you like to have that cup? I enjoy morning conversations with my husband or an afternoon tea party with my grandchildren. An evening chat with my neighbor is nice too. 

But there is one who delights in spending time with me -- and you.

As I was having my daily devotions this week the verses in Proverbs 8 grabbed my attention. The Lord spoke to my heart saying from the time He created the habitable parts of the earth His delight was in spending time with people. People like you and me. He delights in us so much, He was willing to go to Calvary for our sins so He can delight in us for all eternity. 

When I grasp the fact that Jesus delights in spending time with me I feel a peace and joy that lifts me up. It's like the Lord says, "Hey, let's just sit down with a cup of tea and share some time delighting in each other's company. So tomorrow I think I'll just go out on the deck and talk out loud with Jesus about how I delight in His word, in His creation, in Him! Come join us.

What delights will you experience in Him this week? 

Hey Kids:

Do you have a best friend you enjoy spending time with? 

Do you share -
  • a special hideout?
  • a favorite place to play in the creek?
  • dress-up clothes for a tea party?
Jesus would be delighted to be invited. 

How can you include Him in your next escapade?
  • Pretend you're a Bible character (David) hiding out in a cave with your men.
  • Be a fisherman seining for fish.
  • Have Jesus as the special invited guest at your next tea party or picnic.
Talk out loud just like Jesus is there because He is. 

I'd love to hear the conversations. 
Easter Blessings, 
Gail







No comments: