Sunday, June 30, 2019

Intentional Faithfulness





And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Colossians 3:23



I noticed my neighbor's house a couple of weeks ago with its flag flying over blue hydrangeas. Then I noticed red chairs and red roses flanked the flag. Wow! What a patriotic statement. I wondered how intentional the arrangement was or if it just turned out that way. Would it change when July ended with other decorations take its place?


Then I wondered how intentional I am about demonstrating Christ. Is it just a Sunday thing or am I presenting Christ's colors of love and joy and peace throughout the week, the month,  or am I changing with the seasons of my mood? Am I prayerfully intentionally living my life?

I think the proof of the pudding is living in a way that allows others to see Christ and have them wonder if I'm intentional. I want my life to be like a normal, natural occurrence resulting from the indwelling of the Holy Spirit - not a show for a couple of weeks or days for the praise of men. I want what people see to be a true intentional life that overflows with the goodness of God into their lives as well.

So what would that look like?

  • a smile? Psalms 126:2
  • a friend? Proverbs 18:24
  • an encouraging word? Psalms 18:24
  • forgiveness? Matthew 6:12
  • an act of kindness? Matthew 10:42
How do we begin? Praying for guidance and joy in the day He has made is always a good way to start. Proverbs 3:5,6

Hey Kids:

Who needs to see Jesus in your life?

  • family
  • friends 
  • an aging neighbor
  • a stranger (take an adult with you)
  • a kid without a friend
It won't be easy but with intentional prayer and a smile, it will be easier.
Look back at the points above. They will work for kids too.

Blessings for a Happy 4th of July,
Gail

No comments: